Thursday, June 18, 2009

Joan vs. Carol, ROUND I


Welcome to Thursday, kids! You made hump day your bitch and now you're well on your way to conquering yet another day in your quest to reach the weekend.


I have absolutely nothing exciting to talk about today, so I'll just go ahead and talk about boring stuff and make it sound interesting....


Last night, I informed my children that bedtime would be promptly at 9:30 pm. I've been pretty lax about bedtime so far this summer, so naturally...


"(insert whiney voice) Whyyyyyyy?" asks my son.

"Because Mommy needs quiet time," I say.

"That's not fair! You're gonna make us go to bed early so you can have quiet time?"


At this point in the game, I'm losing. He's got a point. But then again, I'm the Mom, damnit! You'll go to bed at 3:30 pm and like it! No, bad Mommy. It's summer, let them stay up late.


See, I perpetually deal with this internal Mom-struggle. It's like I've got Carol Brady on one shoulder and Joan Crawford on the other. Carol won last night-I didn't get the kids to bed until after ten. Then, Joan wanted a beer. We were out. Carol won that one because good Mommies don't get drunk after the kids go to bed. Then...


Joan says, 'Ooooooh, let's watch Secretary!'

Carol: Oh, I dunno. That's kind of soft-core, isn't it? S & M? I don't know...maybe we should just enjoy a quiet evening of a little chit-chat with Facebook friends and then an early bedtime.

Joan: Carol, stop being such a twat. WIRE HANGERS!!!!!!!!!

Carol: Noooo! Please! Not the hangers again! FINE! I'll cover my eyes when they show the dirty parts...


Joan: 1/Carol: 0


Secretary is a really good movie. I highly recommend it...

3 comments:

  1. LMAO
    i have no idea who Carol is, or what Secretary is, but this made me chuckle non the less.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting...I had the very same convo tonight with mine. Well, except I smacked down bedtime at 9pm. Love your blog today...I too have a Carol and a Joan. Now I am off to find out more about the Secretary and drink a beer, LMAO!

    <3 U8MyCrayons (Stupid blogger wont let me sign in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Joan killed Carol long ago. I've been loving life ever since. :P

    ReplyDelete