Thursday, June 11, 2009

Reasons You Should Have Children...

As I'm typing this, my 10 year-old son is cleaning my bathroom from ceiling to floor, including the toilet. Don't worry, I've spoken to Kathy Lee Gifford and I'm not violating any child labor laws...she should know.

See, I normally don't ask my son to do many chores other than to clean his room on occasion. However, this week he's grounded because of an incident we shall refer to as "The Incident". He was bad, very bad. His grounding was to extend until 4:30pm tomorrow (one week from the time of "The Incident"). Then the dim little lightbulb over my noggin popped on with gleaming brightness (that means I got an idea). Utilizing my superb negotiating skills honed from several years working as a buyer, I approached my supplier. "Son, you're bored and want to be ungrounded so you can play outside and watch T.V...Mommy has a filthy toilet. Wanna clean your way out of little boy hell?" We shook on the deal-he's ungrounded as soon my bathroom sparkles. It worked like a charm and he's doing a fabulous job! I should ground him more often...

No comments:

Post a Comment