Monday, June 8, 2009

Grrrrrrrrrrrr!

Sometimes I wake up pissed off and looking like a Basset Hound, despite the number of hours of sleep I've had. Today is one of those days. Usually, this "condition" wears off after a few hundred cups of coffee, but I thought I'd let you experience the storm before the calm...

There are a few reasons for my wrath this morning. A. I have PMS. B. It occurred to me before I even took my pink polka-dotted eye mask off (yes, I wear one...don't you judge me), that I have several library books that are so overdue it might be time for them to take legal action. This complete disregard for library book due dates is a little compulsion of mine. I don't think it's entirely voluntary. Something in my brain says "fuck you" to that little date printed on the receipt they hand me with my books. I don't normally resist authority, so I think this is my brain's feeble attempt to be a hotshot. After this, I've got to go sell one of the kids on craiglist to pay the fine. Thanks, brain. Asshole. C. Unreliable people. Yeah, I know that totally just went off on a tangent about how unreliable I am, but do as I say...not as I do. Besides, libraries don't have feelings...people do. In other words, people, shit or get off the reliability pot! D. My husband is out of town AGAIN.

*Sigh* I feel better now. Things are starting to look up! After all, the absence of my husband means I don't have to clean a damn thing until an hour before he comes home, and then I'll pretend I've been slaving away keeping the house tidy the whole time *giggle*. Also, I've got a meeting tonight to go over plans for an awesome new theatre project (details coming soon)! And just now, I have a beautiful little girl with a big blonde afro staring at me with big brown eyes saying "HUNGY! HUNGY!" So, I guess that means I need to go feed her. DCFS looks down upon you if you starve them...

Have a swell day, readers!

1 comment:

  1. you've inspired me. I now know that when I am having a shitty day...someone else out there is too. Thanks for the laughs :P

    ReplyDelete